Service and Membership Terms
Club CMO is a global community of peers dedicated to knowledge-sharing, professional development, connection and problem-solving. Amazing things happen when our Members get together. Where open and honest conversations happen and where Members live the Club CMO mantra of “give to get”.
This Code of Conduct applies to every Member within the Club CMO community.
- Act with Integrity
Embrace low-ego and high empathy with Members.
- What Happens Here Stays Here
Respect the confidentiality and perspectives of fellow members; do not share the content or comments of other Members via Social platforms, in your presentations, or with the press, without consent from the originator.
- Give to Get
Act for the good of the community and give to others, and its Members and good will come back to you.
- Maintain The No-Sell Environment
Do not solicit Members unless invited to do so.
No Sell Environment
Club CMO is a ‘No Sell’ Environment. Members shall not actively sell or pitch their services or products unless mutually agreed upon by both parties. While it is understood that business relationships occur within the organization, such arrangements should happen outside of Club CMO summits, clubhouses, dinners, or other get-togethers.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Club CMO is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all Members. We celebrate and respect differences in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, abilities, and perspectives.
- Membership dues are non-refundable and are utilized to operate membership services, in-person events, the virtual community, and organizational operations.
- The Club will make efforts to provide 30 days’ notice of renewal in advance of expiration of membership.
- Members who plan to claim or submit membership dues as a professional development expense are advised to consult with their employer, accountant, or tax professional.
- Club CMO is designed for the senior-most marketing executives who work in organizations and enterprise divisions.
- Members who had previously been qualified Members and transition into roles offering (selling) services, solutions, or products to marketers no longer qualify for membership (and thus their membership) may not be renewed.
- Former Members are welcome to return upon assuming a CMO role that aligns with the Club’s professional guidelines.
- We understand CMO/Marketing Exec job tenure can vary. Members in transition during the Membership year remain welcome in the Club as they look for their next job. First time Members must be employed in qualifying jobs before they can join the Club.
Club CMO understands the importance of privacy. We collect your personal information to administer and provide you with Club services, customize content to your interests, and conduct business operations. As part of our commitment to protecting your privacy and want to ensure you understand how your personal information is used.
Personal information we collect
- When you subscribe, apply for membership, or initiate membership dues, we request basic information such as your name, contact details, email, physical address, role, background, professional specialties, and company information.
- During registration, we collect necessary information like your name, email, physical address, payment details, business scope, salary information (optional) and additional autobiographical or professional information.
Why and when we collect personal information
- We collect personal information to conduct business operations, cultivate thought leaders, and provide you with committed offerings.
- Information is collected when you visit the Sites, register, purchase services, contact us, or provide feedback.
- We use information collected, and additional survey information provided voluntarily by members to generate benchmarking data that is aggregated for the use of members in the form of research studies.
- We occasionally share basic information such as Name, job title, company and email address with Club CMO Chapter leaders and selected companies as is necessary to support operations and coordinate in-person get-togethers. We make an effort to share only the information necessary in order to maintain security and privacy.
- These companies adhere to contracts ensuring data protection, confidentiality, and secure use in line with Club CMO’s instructions and guidelines.
- In countries where it is required, we may share personal information in accordance with government legal compliance requirements.
- We store personal information as long as necessary for requested services, legal obligations, dispute resolution, and Club CMO agreements.
- If not needed, we follow Club CMO’s data destruction process.
- Members may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request termination of their membership and for removal of personal data. We do everything we can to comply with those requests right away, and may hold personal information only as long as is required to meet business or legal requirements.
- Payment and Billing: If your business involves transactions, explain the payment methods accepted, billing practices, and any applicable fees.
Upon applying for membership, a contact and account is created. We gather detailed information that allows us to verify qualifications and understand professional details of our members. These professional details are used to manage operations of the organization and to develop programming that is relevant and useful to members.
Payment and Billing
Club CMO is a member-based organization and we collect payment to support operations of the organization, develop programming and content, and innovate new value-based solutions. Dues are collected via Hubspot payment systems which is run using Stripe technology. Club CMO is a registered business entity – presently run as a DBA with a federal EIN number and an independent audited financial and banking structure. Club CMO is registered in the state of Oregon as a DBA of Sardi Consulting.
- Under applicable law, you may access your personal information, with potential legal or administrative restrictions.
- Access and correction can be done through the Sites or by contacting Club CMO Member Services.
Accuracy of Information
Please provide accurate and updated information. Notify Membership of any changes to ensure the data’s accuracy including updated Chapter city, changes in company or role and updated email addresses. Club CMO will make an effort to send out occasional reminders to all members to update their personal or professional information.
Access to your Personal Information
You may request a copy of your personal information subject to legal requirements and identity verification.
At Club CMO, we employ cookies and similar technologies on our Sites, placed on your device by Club CMO, our partners, or service providers. A “cookie” is a small text file stored on your device (desktop, laptop, smartphone) that allows us to recognize your computer during each visit to the Sites. Cookies are utilized to customize your experience on the Sites and for analytical purposes, such as understanding site traffic and identifying popular pages. Reports based on aggregated information collected through cookies may be received from our partners or service providers.